Varicose veins are a disease that not only seriously worsens the appearance of the legs, but also poses a significant threat to the health and lives of people.
Venous disease of the lower extremities is the result of a malfunction of the intravenous valves, which no longer fit tightly against the walls of the blood vessels and do not ensure uninterrupted blood circulation.
In a healthy body, blood circulates in two directions - from the heart to the legs and vice versa.
If the blood from the lower extremities is not completely drained, stagnation occurs in the vessels of the legs, which leads to stretching of large veins, fragility and bulging of capillaries on the surface of the skin, swelling and pain. These are the main symptoms of varicose veins.
What if you don't make sure that everything in the body is not smooth? The next stage of the disease will be the appearance of venous nodes, the progression of the stretching of the veins, their protrusion on the surface of the skin, and then trophic ulcers and thrombophlebitis. And that is already a direct threat to life.
How can one deal with the disease, ask many patients? Is it possible to remove protruding vessels on the legs at home? We hurry to reassure you: with timely treatment, the results will most likely be positive.
How it is possible to defeat blue varicose veins is discussed in this article.
In order to fight venous disease at home, in addition to pills, ointments and folk remedies, a whole range of factors are necessary.
One of the most important ways to get rid of varicose veins on your legs is to completely revise and change your daily lifestyle. A venous patient will need:
- It is meticulous to look at your daily diet from the outside. Do you like roasted, smoked, sweet and strong coffee, teas and soda? All this must be excluded from the diet and replaced with cereals, vegetables and fruits, lean meat, water without gas. By the way, to prevent excessive blood density, you need to drink a lot.
- All kinds of "seafood" are very useful for varicose veins - mussels, squid, shrimp, seaweed. Due to the high iodine content, these products help to strengthen and improve the condition of the vein walls.
- You must also give up cigarettes with alcohol. No comment here.
- Are you used to a sedentary lifestyle and varicose veins cause pain in your legs? Complete physical inactivity can only make the condition worse. Daily leisurely walks, some sports (more on that later) are excellent helpers in dealing with varicose veins at home. By strengthening the leg muscles through regular physical activity, you prevent further stretching of the veins and blood accumulation in the calves of the legs and provide a reliable muscle corset for diseased blood vessels.
- Working activity combined with constant standing or, conversely, sitting at the computer monitor? These factors are a direct threat to the appearance of vein networks and bulging veins. The way out is to alternate the standing position with relaxing rest, with a small pillow under your feet to allow the blood to drain.
Or vice versa - get up in a chair after several hours and train. The blood circulation normalizes and the muscles of the calves begin to "work" and strengthen.
Another effective way that, if not healed, the vessels on the legs can at least be tightened and further deformation and worsening of the condition prevented.
With a balanced compression (compression), such underwear will help eliminate the symptoms of varicose veins, as follows:
- Prevents further stretching of the walls of blood vessels, prevents the formation of nodules and the protrusion of veins on the surface of the skin.
- It normalizes vascular and capillary blood flow, which creates blood circulation and oxygen exchange in the tissues of the lower extremities. This prevents the risk of trophic ulcers and thrombosis.
- Reduces swelling and pain in the calf area.
Compression garments are made in several compression classes (degrees), from preventive to 4, recommended for pathological forms of venous insufficiency.
When choosing the required compression class, the attending doctor will help you, who will write you a prescription for the purchase of medical knitwear.
Another way to remove veins on your legs at home is through therapy with a pharmacy leech. Doctors' comments say: this healing worm not only removes a blood clot from an unhealthy deformed vein, but also helps reduce blood viscosity due to the content of a special substance in saliva - hirudin.
It is important to remember that if you are bleeding prone, this method of treating excessively enlarged veins is not for you.
Water treatment for unhealthy veins can be done at home or in the swimming pool.
At home, it is very useful to arrange a contrast shower for diseased limbs, gradually bringing the temperature range to 15-25 degrees. With regular interventions, sore veins are toned, blood circulation is significantly accelerated, pain and swelling disappear.
Regular swimming in the pool is a great way to strengthen the muscles in your thighs and lower legs and stop the process of varicose veins by gently pressing the water on your legs.
But for venous patients, it is better to forget about the bath and sauna, since excessive overheating is the enemy of diseased vessels.
Pharmacies prescribed by phlebologists as part of complex therapy for varicose veins at home, depending on the method of application, are divided into drugs for external use: gels, ointments and creams, and drugs for oral administration: tablets, capsules, pills, and sometimes suspensions.
According to the principle of therapeutic effect, all anti-varicose drugs can be divided into several groups:
- Phlebotonizing agents.It can be both pills and gels that will help strengthen the structure of the walls of the vessels, increase their tone, stop further thinning and stretching. The doctors' comments say: The most effective products are those that contain the flavonoids diosmin and hesperidin.
- Blood thinning drugs,Called anticoagulants. Due to the active substance in the composition (most often heparin), these funds have a positive effect on the speed of venous and capillary blood flow, and also prevent excessive thickening of the blood and the formation of clots - blood clots.
- Angioprotective drugs.These are funds that normalize blood circulation in the vessels and capillaries, due to which the supply of oxygen and blood to the soft tissues of the calves of the legs is normalized, and the risk of thrombosis and trophic ulcers decreases.
- Anti-inflammatory drugs.Their use significantly reduces the risk of inflammation of the inner layer of the vein wall and adjacent soft tissues, and the existing inflammatory processes gradually disappear.
A separate place in the topic of removing varicose veins on the legs takes treatment methods with folk remedies.
Patient reports show: Many of them can be very effective if the dosage is followed and the doctor's opinion is taken into account.
There are a lot of recipes on this topic: these are compresses for external use, ointments, foot baths.
There are also enough oral recipes to get rid of varicose veins at home.
The following tools are particularly popular:
- There are many recipes based on the fruits or inflorescences of the horse chestnut that contain the substance escin, which is essential for vein health.
Take 500 ml of good vodka or edible alcohol and pour 50 grams of chestnut powder into it.
We infuse in a dark place for three weeks, after which the drug must be thoroughly filtered and applied in the form of compresses, soaked in several layers of cotton cloth or gauze and applied to the lower leg.
In addition, the compress is fixed with a layer of polyethylene and a warm cloth and left overnight. The course of such treatment is 2 weeks.
- Apple cider vinegar is an excellent remedy for venous diseases, as it is said in the reviews of patients who prefer treatment with folk remedies. Compresses can also be made with it, but the application time should not be longer than 30-40 minutes.
- Many people remove venous nodules with wormwood potions. To do this, you need to mix the leaves and flowers of the plant and apply them overnight in the form of a compress. Do this for a week, followed by a weekly break.
It is important to know:Treatment of varicose veins with folk remedies must necessarily be carried out under the supervision of a doctor, subject to all of his recommendations.
If conservative methods have not been able to remove diseased veins, the doctor will most likely recommend surgical methods, which can be both minimally invasive and classically surgical.
Minimally invasive methods
- Laser or radio frequency ablation.This is a method in which diseased veins are removed by gluing (soldering) with laser or radiation frequencies.
- Hardening of the vessels.Sick veins are removed from the bloodstream by gluing them together with injections of a special substance - sclerosant.
- Mini and microflebectomy.In this way, a small section of the vessel is removed through microincision on the skin, resection, and suturing.
According to the reviews of surgeons, it is a rather difficult traumatic operation that involves making several incisions in the skin of the leg, completely removing the diseased vein with a curved needle, removing it, and suturing the tributaries.
After such a procedure, the patient needs bed rest and long-term rehabilitation.
Take yourself seriously! If you notice any signs of varicose veins in yourself, don't hesitate to see a doctor. The earlier treatment begins, the greater the chance of using conservative methods without surgery.
Remove veins from the legs as early as possible, do not initiate the course of the disease! Remember that the state of health is largely the result of the patient's attitude towards it.